Netgear Repeater Setup
A Wireless Repeater, just like the name implies helps to repeat or extend the wifi signals coming from the router. Most of the business prefer to use Netgear Repeater Setup to expand the wireless signals or broadcast range of the wireless network. It helps to improve the signal strength and enables the devices to connect to the network even when you are outside the range of the router. In this post, we are going to share the simple guidelines that can help you to complete the Netgear Repeater Setup on your device. So, read the following instructions carefully and complete the process without any hassle.
Netgear WiFi Repeater Setup: Step By Step Instructions
- Connect the one end of Ethernet cable to your Netgear Wireless Router hosting the network. After this, connect the other end of the cable to your computer.
- Now, open the web browser and type ‘www.routerlogin.net’ or ‘192.168.1.1’ in the address bar. After this, hit the enter button.
- Enter the Administrative Credentials detail like Username and password details in the provided fields. Click on the “login’ button to log in.
- Choose the ‘Wireless Settings’ and write down the details like your network name, channel, and mode.
- Now, select ‘WEP’ from the Security option. After that, enter the security keys in the provided fields and click on the ‘Apply’.
- Choose the ‘Wireless Repeating Function’ option from the Advanced section and note down the Mac address of your device to proceed with Netgear WiFi Repeater Setup on your device.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable from your router and connect the cable to your device to be used as the repeater. Make sure your router is not connected to the modem.
- Now, you need to login to the router This will help you to match the router’s service set, channel, mode, and security settings to the network.
- Click on your router status and under the LAN port, find the Ip address and note it down.
- Click on the ‘Wireless Repeating Function’ and note down the Mac address being displayed. Choose ‘Enable Wireless Repeating Function’ and after that select ‘Wireless Repeater’ from the mentioned options.
- Type in the router’s IP address and deselect the ‘Disable Wireless Client Association’ option.
- Type your Network router’s Mac address into the Mac address filed of Base Station. Click on the ‘Apply’ option to turn your router to the repeater.
- Now, you need to disconnect the ethernet cable from your repeater. Sign in to the network and access the Netgear router setup.
- Go to the ‘Wireless Repeating Function’ page and choose the option ‘Enable Wireless Repeater’ option. Click on the ‘Wireless Base Station’.
- Deselect the option ‘Disable Wireless Client Association’ and after that, type the ‘Mac Address of Repeater’ in the provided field.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ option to finch the repeater configuration.
So, follow these simple guidelines and complete the Netgear wifi repeater set up on your device. The mentioned instructions are simple and easy to follow. But, still, there is any doubt or concern, you can contact the experts and seek their assistance to troubleshoot the problem and complete the setup without any hassle.